Following are some of the advantages of having Demat account;
- In early days with physical share certificates, the paper work will be more during the process of buy or sell. Now with the electronic form, absolutely there is no trouble for the investors.
- Secure and convenient to keep track of investments
- The settlement process will be quick and saves time
- Storage risk is zero
- Investments in electronic or dematerialised form cannot be stolen or damage
- All the investments of an individual such as shares, mutualfunds, government securities, exchange traded funds (ETF) and bonds can be held and track through one account
- Loans can be taken by pledging the shares in the Demat account.